About Little Lullaby
Getting to know us
The Lullaby Trust is proud to introduce Little Lullaby, its site dedicated for young parents.
Little Lullaby was created in response to the increased risk of babies born to mums under 20, dying of SIDS. Babies born to mothers below the age of 20 are four times more likely to die from sudden infant death syndrome (ONS, 2018).
Knowing this, we want to stop all unexpected deaths of babies and toddlers born to young parents and to help them feel better informed about sleeping their babies safely.
Backed by The Big Lottery Fund, we provide an online space where young parents and parents-to-be can chat, tell their story and support each other through pregnancy, birth and beyond.
As well as creating an online community, with the help of our Young Parent Ambassadors, we spread safer sleep advice to young parents aged 25 or under through our safer sleep workshops, website, blog, social media and our work with professionals.
Little Lullaby wants to stop all unexpected deaths of babies and toddlers born to young parents. We want young parents to feel better informed, more confident and less isolated through pregnancy, birth and parenthood.
- To reduce the high incidences of SIDS amongst babies born to young parents under 20
- To empower young parents to achieve their full potential
- To reach all young parents and provide an inclusive space for them to share experiences and receive emotional and practical support
- To provide non-judgemental, clear and direct advice that is specifically relevant to young parents
- To use a variety of media to ensure that literacy levels are not a barrier to receiving the support we offer
- To provide professionals with guidance on the best ways to work with young parents
- To challenge stereotypes and give young parents a voice by sharing the positive aspects of young parenting
- To provide accurate and up-to-date information about infant care, thus improving outcomes for babies born to young parents, with particular regard to safer sleep
By young parents, for young parents
We provide a platform that gives young parents a voice.
Blog and vlog for usYou can share your experience of being a young parent with others by blogging and vlogging for Little Lullaby.
Instagram takeoversTakeover our Instagram to give an insight to other young parents/expectant young parents into what day-to-day life is like.
BlogsWatch and read about other young parents' stories, from pregnancy and birth, to toddler tips and budgeting.